RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING WATER SERVICE ASSESSMENTS AND FEES
Resolved by the board of directors of the Palo Alto Water Company, San Mateo County, City of East Palo Alto, California
Monthly assessments and fees. The following water service assessments and fees are hereby imposed and shall be collected from the persons owning property receiving water service from the Palo Alto Park Mutual Water Company: As per the Articles of Incorporation and the Company’s By-Laws.
Type of Service Monthly Rate
Shall be the greater of the following: $73.00 plus $1.00 for each 2500 square of real property.
Single Family Dwelling
$70.00 per unit
Private Clubs with Bars and Saloons
Service Stations, Car, impound/Sales Lots
Barber and Beauty Shops
Schools, Day Care Facilities
Business and Professional Offices
Fire Hydrant/Meter Flow Test
Permit for Fire Flow Residential
Permit for Fire Flow Commercial
Fire Flow Services Commercial 1 1/2’ To 3”
$30.00 plus meter charge
Fire Flow Services Commercial 3 1/2’ To 4”
$35.00 plus meter charge
Fire Flow Services Commercial 4 1/2’ To 5”
$40.00 plus meter charge
Fire Flow Services Commercial 5 1/2’ To 6”
$45.00 plus meter charge
Fire Flow Services Residential 1”
Any use not provided for herein shall be established by the Board of Directors.
- Where combinations of users are involved, the charge for each applicable use shall be added together for total monthly rate.
- BILLING PERIOD. The regular billing period will be monthly.
- OPENING AND CLOSING BILLS. Opening and closing bills for less than the normal billing period shall be prorated.
- PAYMENT OF BILLS. Bills for water service shall be mailed or delivered to each customer as soon as convenient following the billing period of which the bill is rendered. Bills shall be due and payable on presentation.
- PENALTIES FOR NON-PAYMENT. In addition to the discontinuance of service as established by Resolution No. 2001, the rights to water service may also be forfeited as provided in the bylaws of the company. The cost to reinstate rights to water service after a recorded Notice of Forfeiture shall be eight hundred five dollars ($805.00).
- DELINQUENCY DATE. Rate and charges that are not paid in full are delinquent 30 days after presentation.
- LATE FEE/INTEREST CHARGES. Late Fee in the amount of $10.00 or interest charges at the rate of 1 1/2%, whichever is greater per month shall be added to all delinquent accounts.
- RECONNECTION/DISCONNECTION CHARGE. A reconnection charge of two hundred thirty-five dollars ($235.00) in addition to all delinquent charges, interest charges and required security deposits wil be made and collected prior to renewing service following discontinuance as per what the law requires.
- SERVICE CONNECTIONS. Charges for new services are payable in advances and shall include the impact fee established by Resolution No.2001 plus the cost of installation of water service. The cost of installation of water service shall be the actual cost of labor and materials plus administrative costs. The applicant shall deposit with the company the cost os such installation estimated by the manager but not less than two thousand five hundred ($2,500.00). Should company expenses at any time exceed the deposit, the manager shall require an additional deposit prior to proceeding with the installation. Any excess shall be refunded to the applicant.
- FIRE SERVICE CONNECTIONS. Requires owner to apply for a permit for such service and pay the cost of permit per fees rate charges to services whether residential or commercial are payable in advance and shall include the appropriate impact fee established by Resolution No.2001 plus the cost of installation of FIRE FLOW water service. The cost of installation of FIRE FLOW water service shall be the actual cost of labor and materials plus administrative costs. The applicant shall deposit with the company the cost of such installation estimated by the manager but not less than three thousand five hundred-five ($3,505.00) Should company expenses at any time exceed the deposit, the manager shall require an additional deposit prior to proceeding with the installation. Any excess shall be funded to the applicant.
- SECURITY DEPOSIT. A minimum cash deposit of one hundred seventy dollars ($170.00) shall be required of each applicant for water service. For good cause, the manager may require a security deposit in excess of the minimum cash deposit for an applicant or user, but not to exceed six-month’s charges for water service.
- REPLACEMENT OR CHANGE OF DEPOIT. The manager of the company may require, as a condition of service at any time, that the deposit prescribed be replaced if the deposit or indebtedness to the company or may require that the deposit be increased if depleted, found to be insufficient, or good cause otherwise exists.
- CHANGE IN LOCATION OR SERVICES. Services moved for the convenience of the customer will be relocated at the customer’s expense. Services moved to protect the company’s property will be moved at its expense.
- DAMAGE TO WATER SYSTEM FACILITIES. The customer shall be liable for any damage and the resultant water loss to the company owned customer water service facilities when such damage results from causes originating on the premises, including tampering. The costs for repairing any such damage and water loss shall be paid by the customer and the cost shall be due and payable to the company upon the company's rendering a bill thereof.
- TEMPORARY DISCONNECTION. Customers desiring temporary disconnect of service should so notify the Manager two (2) days prior to the temporary disconnection. The temporary disconnection charge of forty dollars ($40.00) shall be paid to the company prior ti such disconnection.
- RETURNED CHECKS. The charge to a customer for each check returned for insufficient funds shall be thirty-five dollars ($35.00).
- INTEREST ON DEPOSIT. No interest shall be paid on any deposit made with the company pursuant to the provisions of the company’s rules, regulations, and resolutions.
- AVAILABILITY CHARGES. Charges are to recover the cost of providing fire protection to undeveloped parcels.
- The provisions of this Resolution shall be become effective upon adoption or as determined by the Board of Directors.